Ken Crump has been a trial and business lawyer for over 32 years. Crump’s trial experience has pertained to contract disputes, employment issues, construction law issues, business torts, breaches of fiduciary duties, claims for fraud, property damages, and issues relating to Medicaid reimbursement to providers of health care under the Federal Medicaid Act. He has conducted trials or arbitrations in forty-four (44) cases (thirty-nine (39) as lead counsel).
Crump’s business law experience includes serving as outside general counsel for privately held entities. In that regard, he has advised clients on entity choice, entity formation, entity governance, sale and purchase transactions, management of non-profit entities, fiduciary duties, statutory and regulatory compliance, risk management, contract negotiation, contract review and drafting, employment issues, international trade restrictions and debtor/creditor issues.
For 20 years, Crump also served as an Adjunct Settlement Judge for the United States Federal Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma. He was selected and trained by the Court to serve as a court-sponsored mediator in various types of federal cases on an ongoing basis. He has conducted over 80 mediations in cases involving claims of breach of contract, employment discrimination and other civil rights violations, and insurance bad-faith. He has also completed additional training in Congregational Peacemaking: Managing Conflict and Congregational Change from the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution and Lipscomb University Institute for Conflict Management and the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution Program on “The Art of Facilitating Dynamic and Difficult Groups”.
Core areas of practice and experience
- Business Litigation
- Estate & Trust Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Oklahoma State Bar Association (1986)
- Tulsa County Bar Association (1986)
- The Supreme Court of the State of Oklahoma (1986)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma (1986)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma (1987)
- United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma (1994)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit (1987)
- United States Court of Federal Claims (2008)
- University of Oklahoma- 1981 (B.A., Journalism)
- University of Tulsa – 1986 (J.D.)
Professional associations and memberships
- Barrister, Hudson, Hall, Wheaton Chapter of the American Inns of Court, 1995 to 1998.
- Faculty Member, Oklahoma Construction Law Seminar – April 1996.
- Speaker, Oklahoma Association for Home Care Annual Meeting -February 1994.
- Committee Member, Tulsa County Bar Association, Law School Committee – 1992 to 1993.
- Committee Member, Oklahoma Bar Association’s Civil Procedure Committee – 1992.
- Barrister, Robert D. Hudson Chapter of the American Inns of Court, 1987-1988, 1991-1994.
Boards Of Directors and Volunteer Service
- Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma, Inc. Tulsa Fundraising Team, 2017.
- Adjunct Settlement Judge, United States District Court, Northern District of Oklahoma from 1998 to 2018
- Musician, The Church at Downtown, Tulsa, Oklahoma, 2014 to present.
- Past Chairman of Executive Board of Jenks Trojan Football Booster Club from 2002-2003. Board Member from 2001-2003.
- Past Chairman of the Board of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Oklahoma Chapter. Served on Board of Trustees from 1996 through 2000.
Honors and Awards
- 23 years AV Rated as Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell Peer Review for the highest levels of skill and integrity.
- Selected to Super Lawyers in Business Litigation for 2017 and 2018.
- Oklahoma’s Top Lawyers.
- Tulsa’s Top Lawyers.
- Listed in Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers for Civil Trial Practice.
- Recipient of National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Oklahoma Chapter, Leadership Award in 2000.
- Member, Energy Law Journal, University of Tulsa College of Law, 1985.
Consult a Tulsa attorney who can provide Strategic Solutions at Law™ for your legal needs
Learn how Tulsa attorney Kenneth E. Crump, Jr. at Eller & Detrich can help you. Call Kenneth at 918.747.8900 or toll free at 866.547.8900, or contact him online.